2020 Holiday Toy Drive
We are all grateful to have made it to the end of what was in many regards a challenging year, and we look forward to a more positive 2021. At the holidays, we always reflect on things for which we are grateful. We want to express our gratitude for the generosity of those who were able to either ship or drop off toy donations to our office this month. We were thrilled to be able to make such a large donation (pictured here) to Operation Santa Claus and to make the holidays a little brighter for some deserving children. Happy Holidays and here's to a brighter 2021!
2nd Annual Holiday Open House
On the evening of Thursday, December 5, we welcomed more than 40 guests to our second annual Holiday Open House. Everyone enjoyed food, drinks and the entertaining talents of Alexander the magician. We were happy to enjoy the company of so many lovely people. Wishing a happy holiday season to all!
Protecting and Growing Your Wealth: Investing in Uncertain Times -- March 20, 2019
In the face of rising interest rates, an uncertain political climate, and volatility in the stock market, we discussed how you can ensure that you are making wise investment choices. This seminar at the Yorba Linda Community Center, co-hosted with Able-Wagner Tax, was designed for investors at all levels, helping them to stay focused and protect and grow their nest eggs.
Topics covered included:
- You’re just starting out—what do you need to know about investing?
- You’re approaching retirement—should you be changing how you’re investing?
- How do you cope with market corrections and volatility?
- Understanding stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and ETFs and their role in your portfolio
- What are the things you do have control over and how do you make wise long-term investment decisions?
Planning for the Costs of College Seminar -- February 19, 2019
This presentation, hosted with Able-Wagner Tax at the Yorba Linda Community Center, was designed for parents and grandparents, to give a clear picture of the college price tag in the years to come, how to save for the costs of college, legacy planning for multiple generations, and financial aid and student loan options.
Some topics covered included:
- 529 and other college savings accounts and how parents and grandparents can leverage the benefits
- How the “higher than average” inflation rate for tuition affects saving for college expenses
- The importance of planning ahead for filling out the FAFSA and applying for financial aid
- Additional tax benefits and credits to offset college costs
Trust Seminar -- January 23, 2019
On January 23, we presented a Trust seminar with Able-Wagner Tax at the Yorba Linda Community Center. It always inspires us to get out into the community and impact people's lives by sharing our knowledge, enabling people to better manage their money and enjoy their lives of abundance.
Seminar attendees learned about:
- Types of trusts
- Do I need a trust if I don’t have children or own property?
- What assets should be (and should not be) put into a trust?
- Can you avoid probate without having a trust?
- How frequently should a trust be reviewed?
- Are there any tax benefits to setting up a trust?
- How to avoid common titling mistakes
2018 Holiday Soiree
In the spirit of the holiday season, we opened our office the evening of December 6, 2018 for our first Holiday Soiree. About 50 guests enjoyed delicious hors d'oeuvres and drinks, as well as experienced a fine whisky tasting with Whisky Expert Ray Pearson. We were happy to see so many familiar, friendly faces who braved the flooded streets during a Southern California rainstorm that evening! Wishing a healthy and happy holiday season to all.